How to create a Facebook Business Page
If you’re a business owner, one of the best things you can do is create a Facebook page for your business. Facebook is the most widely used social network, and often one of the first places people go to get information about a business, but many businesses don’t have a Facebook page. Below are some of those benefits of having a Business Page.
One of the biggest benefits of a Facebook business page is that it provides opportunities for your business’s content to be shown to people on Facebook through likes, shares, and comments. This type of exposure is referred to as organic reach. Think of the content and activity that you see on social media. You probably see when your friends like or share posts even if you haven’t liked the page or business. If your business is a profile instead of a page, only people who are friends with you can see what you post. This is the opposite or organic reach, which is something that you want to try to maximize.
The more you can engage with your business page, the better your organic reach will be. This is the purpose of a Facebook business page.
Facebook ads further increase your visibility and how far your reach can go. You can specify who will see your ads based on factors such as age, location, and interests. Since you can pick and choose who sees your ads, your business will get pushed out to a relevant audience and can produce real results.
Now that you have the basic idea and a couple of the benefits of setting up a business facebook page, click here to view a how to video on this!
After you create your page, you will need two images as follows.
- A Banner Image is 820 pixels wide by 340 pixels in height.
- A Profile image is 500 pixels wide by 500 pixels in height.
After your page is live
- Invite your Facebook personal contacts to like your page. Getting people to like your page means that when you publish anything to this page, they will be able to see it.
- Email your marketing list and ask them to “like” it.
- Put a link on your website to your business page.
- Post at least once a month to your page. If you don’t write content yourself, then you can subscribe to Big Plans blogging service and they will post to your website and your social networks.
- Ask your existing clients to post feedback/testimonials to your business page. When clients post testimonials to your page, you have the choice to accept it and publish it, or not.
If you want a Facebook Business Page and would like assistance with this, or you would like someone to take care of this for you, please contact Sean Davis at Big Plans on 09 930 9390 or email email@example.com and they can create and brand one for you.
Happy business building!
If you have any questions regarding this or any of our blog posts please contact Nat Lydon-Inder.